Yes it's been a long hiatus. I really didn't think anybody was reading this thing so I let it slide. But I was kicked into writing another post because I finally checked my gmail and found a response to my last post.
Turns out there is another derby girl out there with CF. We're going to share the name Cystic Ferocious since she's all the way in the UK and it's doubtful we'll ever bout against each other.
What are the odds?
Anyway I'm back on the track after about 2 months of being off. Not because of the CF, but because of a stupid stringy little tendon that was not doing its job. It had been bothering me for months and getting progressively worse. I thought I could "skate it off."
Yeah, that didn't work. So I stayed off skates for a couple of weeks hoping to get better. It didn't and I finally saw a doctor about it. It's so foreign to me to see a doctor about anything other than CF. I can't explain it, but it really just didn't occur to me to see a doc about a pain in my leg.
Anyway he thought what the coach thought, tendonitis. But he referred me to a physical therapist--which I thought was only for people with serious injuries like broken hips or torn ligaments or somesuch. So I felt a bit silly going in with my non-broken, functional self. But the pain was really keeping me from skating so I did it.
I have to admit it has helped. I wish I had gone sooner.
Now I just have to get me endurance back up and remember my balance again. It's almost like riding a bike-- if 3 other bikes were riding next to you trying to knock you over.
No comments:
Post a Comment