Well I've survived my first two senior derby practices. I've decided that I'm more "raw meat" than "fresh meat." At least I feel like I've been tenderized.
I still need to work on my endurance--still getting a little breathless after paceline and some drills. I know my lungs will never be as good as the other girls but I think with enough practice I can at least keep up. The good news is all the exercise is helping with airway clearance (fancy term for coughing up junk).
The more I exercise, the clearer the airways, which means I can exercise more, etc! At least that's my theory.
Tonight at practice we had a special guest, Quadzilla! I'm a little starstruck. I almost asked for his autograph but didn't want to be a complete derby nerd. So who is Quadzilla, you ask? Well he's an awesome skater/coach who has worked with a lot of great teams including Rat City (Seattle), Dockyard (Tacoma) and Oly Rollers (Olympia).
And if you want a demonstration of his jumping capabilities check out this jump of 10 people!
I'm going to go marinate myself in some epsom salts now.
No comments:
Post a Comment