I finally found something to occupy my time while I'm chained to the nebulizer! This blog! I'm sitting here inhaling hypertonic saline because a cold is currently kicking my butt. Again.The last 6 months has been awful in terms of catching colds. I'm pretty sure my toddler is a human petri dish.
This cold seems especially tenacious. It just. keeps. hanging. on. Ugh.
Here's hoping Spring is a healthier season. I'm tired of sitting home at night coughing when I could be skating.
I did go to practice last night just to help with timing the penalty box--which I will also be doing during Sunday's bout. It's pretty sweet! I get to go to the bout and sit "ringside" while timing the girls who get sent to the penalty box!
A word to any derby girls who get sent to the box: according to the rules I can't say anything to you except how much time you have left and when you can go back in. Last time I felt like such a bitch! But them's the rules!
I can't tell you why you were sent to the box (even if I think I know), I can't advise on rules at all. I can't tell you you were awesome or that you look cute in those booty shorts (even if I'm thinking it). So if you ask me something besides how much time and I don't answer I'm not on a power trip or ignoring you. It's just that Whistley or whoever is running the box will yell at me.
Speaking of rules I have to brush up on the WFTDA handbook. And finish this damn saline.
No comments:
Post a Comment